This forum is provided by the Office for National Statistics (“ONS”). ONS takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for any content submitted by users of this forum
These terms govern use of the Internet forum at https://www.statsusernet.org.uk
By using this forum, you agree to these terms and conditions
- Your Permission to Use the Forum
- Conditions for Use of the Forum
- Acceptable Use
- Content Standards
- Your Account
- Your Content
- Your Responsibility
- General Terms
Subject to the following terms, ONS gives you permission to use the forum. By using this forum you are consenting to these terms and conditions.
Your permission to use the forum is subject to the following conditions:
You must be at least thirteen years old.
You may no longer use the forum if ONS contacts you directly to say that you may not.
- You may not break the law using the forum.
- You may not use or try to use another’s account on the forum without their specific permission.
- You may not buy, sell, or otherwise trade in user names or other unique identifiers on the forum.
- You may not send advertisements, chain letters, or other solicitations through the forum, or use the forum to gather addresses or other personal data for commercial mailing lists or databases.
- You may not automate access to the forum, or monitor the forum, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the forum to index it for a publicly available search engine, if you run one.
- You may not use the forum to send e-mail to distribution lists, newsgroups, or group mail aliases.
- You may not falsely imply that you’re affiliated with or endorsed by ONS.
- You may not hyperlink to images or other non-hypertext content on the forum on other webpages.
- You may not remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you download from the forum.
- You may not disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the forum.
- You may not strain the infrastructure of the forum with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on information systems underlying the forum.
- You may not impersonate others through the forum.
- You may not encourage or help anyone in violation of these terms.
- You may not submit content to the forum that is illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful to others. This includes content that is harassing, inappropriate, or abusive.
- You may not submit content to the forum that violates the law, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights, violates anyone’s privacy, or breaches agreements you have with others.
- You may not submit content to the forum containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses or spyware.
- You may not submit content to the forum as a mere placeholder, to hold a particular address, user name, or other unique identifier.
- You may not use the forum to disclose information that you don’t have the right to disclose, like others’ confidential or personal information.
ONS reserves the right to change, redact, and delete content on the forum for any reason.
If you believe someone has submitted content to the forum in violation of these terms please contact us immediately.
You must create and log into an account to use some features of the forum.
To create an account, you must provide some information about yourself. If you create an account, you agree to provide, at a minimum, a valid e-mail address, and to keep that address up-to-date. You may close your account at any time by e-mailing email@example.com
You agree to be responsible for all action taken using your account, whether authorized by you or not, until you either close your account or notify ONS that your account has been compromised. You agree to notify ONS immediately if you suspect your account has been compromised. You agree to select a secure password for your account and keep it secret.
ONS may restrict, suspend, or close your account if they reasonably believe that you’ve broken any rule in these terms.
Nothing in these terms gives ONS any ownership rights in intellectual property that you share with the forum, such as your account information, posts, or other content you submit to the forum. Nothing in these terms gives you any ownership rights in the ONS’s intellectual property, either.
You remain solely responsible for content you submit to the forum. You agree not to wrongly imply that content you submit to the forum is sponsored or approved by ONS.
You agree to indemnify ONS from all legal claims by others related to your breach of these terms, or breach of these terms by others using your account on the forum. Both you and ONS agree to notify the other side of any legal claims for which you might have to indemnify ONS as soon as possible.
You accept all risk of using the forum and content on the forum. As far as the law allows, the company and its suppliers provide the forum as is, without any warranty whatsoever.
The forum may hyperlink to and integrate forums and services run by others. The company does not make any warranty about services run by others, or content they may provide. Use of services run by others may be governed by other terms between you and the one running service.
ONS welcomes your feedback and suggestions for the forum. See the Contact section below for ways to get in touch with us.
You agree that ONS will be free to act on feedback and suggestions you provide, and that ONS won’t have to notify you that your feedback was used. You agree not to submit feedback or suggestions that you believe might be confidential or proprietary, to you or others.
Either you or ONS may end the agreement written out in these terms at any time. When our agreement ends, your permission to use the forum also ends.
UK law will govern any dispute related to these terms or your use of the forum.
You may contact ONS regarding these terms at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONS may contact you regarding these terms using the e-mail address you provide for your account on the forum, or by posting a message to the homepage of the forum or your account page.
ONS last updated these terms on 21/05/2019 and may update these terms again. ONS will post all updates to the forum. For updates that contain substantial changes, we will e-mail you. Your continued use of the forum constitutes our agreement to abide by the Terms and Conditions as amended.